Right from the founding of our winery, we studied the characteristics of the sangiovese grape, testing new training systems, improving clonal selection, and above all singling out the best vineyard plots to source for our wine. Castello di Ama is the truest expression of Chianti Classico from our superb terroir, a land that yields wines with remarkable cellaring potential.
750 ml Standard
Castello di Ama Chianti Classico Montebuoni Riserva 2018
12 in stock
Tagliatelle al ragù di cinghial
the blend was assembled and went to barriques, 20% of them new and the remainder 1-3 years old.
Castello di Ama
Dark ruby red with an intriguingly luminous rim
Rich bouquet, with emphatic fruit and floral notes classic to Sangiovese, such as raspberry, wild berry, and violets, well meshed with impressions of earth, juniper, and pine resin
Elegant in the mouth, with very appealing tannins contributing to significant depth, superb acidity, and impressive approachability. The long-lingering finish offers a delicious amalgam of fruit and spiciness.
chalky-clay soils of gravel-pebbly texture
between October 5-13
The grapes were graded for quality first in the vineyard and then on sorting tables in the winery. After de-stemming and crushing, the must was chilled and then fermented (at 33°C) in stainless steel, with particularly gentle pumpovers. After a lengthy 24/25 day maceration, the wine was drawn off, amounting to some 1,400 hl, and completed malolactic fermentation, most of in barriques.
Sangiovese (80%) and Malvasia nera, Merlot, Cabernet Franc and Pinot Nero (20%).
750 ml Standard
– La spedizione verrà consegnata al corriere entro due giorni lavorativi successivi al pagamento
– I tempi di consegna variano in base alla destinazione:
- Italia 24/48 ore
- Stati Uniti servizio standard 15 giorni lavorativi
- Stati Uniti servizio espresso 10 giorni
- Tutti gli altri Stati 7/10 giorni lavorativi
– Il tracking number vi verrà inviato direttamente dalla nostra compagnia di spedizione: controlla la tua casella email e ricerca la mail proveniente da BENCIENNI SRL
– Eventuali dazi doganali e qualunque tassa da pagare a destinazione non sono inclusi nei costi di spedizione.
– L’Enoteca di Piazza non è da considerarsi responsabile per eventuali ritardi sui tempi di consegna causati da controlli o fermi doganali.
– Products will be packed and delivered to the courier within two working days after the payment.
– Delivery times vary according to the Country of destination:
- ITALY: deliveries within 24-48 hours.
- USA/CANADA/AUSTRALIA standard service: deliveries are approximately within 2-3 weeks. We offer an air and non-naval service. Actual travel time is only 3 days however delivery times to final destinations are unavoidably delayed due to Customs inspections and controls.
- USA express service: deliveries within 10 days
- ALL OTHER STATES: deliveries vary from 7-10 working days
– You will be sent a tracking number directly by our shipping company shortly after your purchase. Check your inbox, the email will be from BENCIENNI SRL.
– Eventual duties and fees are not included in the shipping cost.
– Enoteca di Piazza is not responsible for delays in delivery caused by customs checks or stops.
750 ml Standard€127,50