Spedizione gratuita in Italia per ordini superiori a 100€

FREE SHIPPING within Italy on orders over € 100.

In the “Carta Aretina” document of 714, “Pieve di Sesta” was counted among the parishes in the Diocese of Chiusi. It was then the subject of dispute between the Bishops of Siena and Arezzo in the following centuries. It is not known how long this Parish remained in operation, but it is likely that it ended shortly after the Abbey of Sant’ Antimo was founded at the end of the VIII century in the nearby Starcia Valley and its ensuing rapid expansion. All the land on the Sesta property surely became part of the holdings of the Abbey. The Sesta Estate was formed after the expansion of the Republic of Siena and the decline and subsequent suppression of the Abbey of Sant’Antimo in 1462 at the hands of Pope Pious II (Enea Silvio Piccolomini from Siena). During the period of Siennese expansion, Sesta came into the possession of the noble Tolomei family who built a chapel in honour of Saint Catherine of Siena. In 1850, two brothers from Castelnuovo dell’Abate, Felice and Giovanni Ciacci became owners of the property. In 1966, the first bottles of Brunello from the Tenuta di Sesta Estate were produced by Giuseppe Ciacci, father of current owner Giovanni Ciacci. At the time, there were only twelve bottlers and, for this reason, the Tenuta di Sesta Estate is recognized as one of the historical estates in the territory of Montalcino.

Showing all 6 results

Show sidebar