The vintage was characterized by a mild winter with sporadic but abundant precipitations that have allowed to accumulate excellent water reserves in the soil. Laripresa vegetative occurred with a slight advance compared to standard and is then continued as a regular, accompanied from an early morning with temperatures and rain in the mediastagionale. Summer is essentially warm, without it excessive temperature peaks and low rainfall. The particularly cool nights and the deep and capable soils of accumulate important water reserves in the previous months, they have however guaranteed the regular and constant development of the aromatic and sugary components of the Merlot grapes, maintaining an excellent acidity. Merlot lavendememia for Cont’Ugo is taking place on 7 and 27 September.
Red meats, roasts, noble game.
Intense ruby red color
On the nose the notes of small red fruits such as cherry, morello cherry and raspberry stand out accompanied by aromas of sweet spices and Mediterranean scrub herbs
On the palate it is striking for its silky tannins, a wine of good persistence, with great balance and pleasantness.
The selection was made from the best Merlot grapes from the estate's 40 hectares of vineyards. After manual harvesting and careful selection in the cellar, the grapes were transferred to thermo-conditioned stainless steel tanks where alcoholic fermentation and maceration took place, for a period of about 20 days. The fermentation temperature was managed according to the level of ripeness of the grapes: some at lower temperatures to maintain greater aromatic freshness, others at temperatures of about 30 ° C to emphasize the polyphenolic extraction and structure. In this way, different types of Merlot were obtained which were transferred to barriques separately. The malolactic fermentation takes place in barriques (1/3 new) and finished by the end of the year. After 8 months of elevation in French oak, the best lots were assembled and put back in barrique for a further 4 months. At the end of this period, bottling took place. Ilvino aged in the bottle for about 6 months before being released on the market.
750 ml Standard
– La spedizione verrà consegnata al corriere entro due giorni lavorativi successivi al pagamento
– I tempi di consegna variano in base alla destinazione:
- Italia 24/48 ore
- Stati Uniti servizio standard 15 giorni lavorativi
- Stati Uniti servizio espresso 10 giorni
- Tutti gli altri Stati 7/10 giorni lavorativi
– Il tracking number vi verrà inviato direttamente dalla nostra compagnia di spedizione: controlla la tua casella email e ricerca la mail proveniente da BENCIENNI SRL
– Eventuali dazi doganali e qualunque tassa da pagare a destinazione non sono inclusi nei costi di spedizione.
– L’Enoteca di Piazza non è da considerarsi responsabile per eventuali ritardi sui tempi di consegna causati da controlli o fermi doganali.
– Products will be packed and delivered to the courier within two working days after the payment.
– Delivery times vary according to the Country of destination:
- ITALY: deliveries within 24-48 hours.
- USA/CANADA/AUSTRALIA standard service: deliveries are approximately within 2-3 weeks. We offer an air and non-naval service. Actual travel time is only 3 days however delivery times to final destinations are unavoidably delayed due to Customs inspections and controls.
- USA express service: deliveries within 10 days
- ALL OTHER STATES: deliveries vary from 7-10 working days
– You will be sent a tracking number directly by our shipping company shortly after your purchase. Check your inbox, the email will be from BENCIENNI SRL.
– Eventual duties and fees are not included in the shipping cost.
– Enoteca di Piazza is not responsible for delays in delivery caused by customs checks or stops.