Spedizione gratuita in Italia per ordini superiori a 100€
FREE SHIPPING within Italy on orders over € 100.
Carpineto farm was founded in 1957 in a town of Greve in Chianti thanks to Giovanni Carlo Sacchet and Antonia Mario Zaccheo, two friends in love with Sangiovese and the Tuscan territory, willing to make a difference through the creation of a new Chianti Classico, able to enhance its flavors and respect the environment.
In order to succeed in their aim, the two started to study new agricultural and wine- making techniques that allowed to create different and quality wines and, at the same time, to guarantee high biological standards.
From the agricultural point of view, this resulted in the analysis of the best soils and clones to enhance different qualities of the same grape; from the enological one, instead, on the use of innovative processes such as controlled and natural malolactic fermentation, based on autochthonous yeasts, cold maceration or the aging process in barrique.
Their stubbornness and their innovative spirit will lead them to achieve important goals such as the awarding of three wines (Chianti Classico Riserva, Vino Nobile Riserva and Farnito Cabernet Sauvignon) with the gold medal at the International Wine & Spirit Competition in 1994 and the nomination of Giancarlo Sacchet as the best enologist in the world (this is the first time that this award is awarded to an Italian).
From this moment on, Cantina il Carpineto experienced an unprecedented period of fame that led them to be nominated several times among the 100 best wines in the world of Wine Spectator and to export their wine to over 70 countries.
The farm Carpineto consists of 5 different estates located at:
– Dudda (headquarters where the administration is located and 8 hectares of Sangiovese and Canaiolo vines are cultivated, used to produce Chianti Classico Riserva and Gran Selezione),
– Montalcino (10 hectares of Sangiovese with which Brunello is produced),
– Montepulciano (120 ha dedicated to Sangiovese for the production of Vino Nobile di Montepulciano but also younger vineyards with which are produced red, white and rosé Dogajolo),
– Gaville (13 ha of Sangiovese and experimental varieties with which Appodiati wine is produced),
– Gavorrano (65 hectares of vineyards in Vermentino, Sangiovese, Teroldego and Merlot).
The grape is harvested and processed in a completely eco-sustainable way, thanks to the use of temperature-controlled fermentation and the use of indigenous yeasts, capable of guaranteeing healthy and quality processes.
The production includes: Brunello di Montalcino (di Annata o Riserva), Chianti Classico (di Annata o Riserva) and Rosso di Montalcino.