A success story with ancient roots and a recent history, Vigorello was the precursor of an entire generation of wines that became famous as the Supertuscans. It represented, in faraway 1968, the first effort to produce a wine that was from 100% red grapes, sangiovese, contrary to the prevailing custom of that day in the Chianti zone. Although Vigorello currently contains some cabernet and merlot as well, it nonetheless preserves its exquisitely Tuscan character. A truly historical wine, then, one with energy and vigour, just as its name affirms.
First courses with meat-based sauces, cold cuts and cheeses
8 months’ ageing in the bottle
20-25 days fermentation on the skins at 30° C, followed by malolactic fermentation.
Casino: medium-textured, predominantly calcareous marl breakdown of alberese and galestro strata, with abundant gravel-pebble mixture San Vito Leccio and San Vito Capanna: silt- and sand-rich alluvial soils.
Merlot: first week of September Cabernet Sauvignon: October 1-4 Petit Verdot: October 3-4
Malolactic fermentation and 18-20 months’ maturation in 225-litre French oak barriques.
50% Cabernet Sauvignon, 45% Merlot, 5% Petit Verdot
750 ml Standard
– La spedizione verrà consegnata al corriere entro due giorni lavorativi successivi al pagamento
– I tempi di consegna variano in base alla destinazione:
- Italia 24/48 ore
- Stati Uniti servizio standard 15 giorni lavorativi
- Stati Uniti servizio espresso 10 giorni
- Tutti gli altri Stati 7/10 giorni lavorativi
– Il tracking number vi verrà inviato direttamente dalla nostra compagnia di spedizione: controlla la tua casella email e ricerca la mail proveniente da BENCIENNI SRL
– Eventuali dazi doganali e qualunque tassa da pagare a destinazione non sono inclusi nei costi di spedizione.
– L’Enoteca di Piazza non è da considerarsi responsabile per eventuali ritardi sui tempi di consegna causati da controlli o fermi doganali.
– Products will be packed and delivered to the courier within two working days after the payment.
– Delivery times vary according to the Country of destination:
- ITALY: deliveries within 24-48 hours.
- USA/CANADA/AUSTRALIA standard service: deliveries are approximately within 2-3 weeks. We offer an air and non-naval service. Actual travel time is only 3 days however delivery times to final destinations are unavoidably delayed due to Customs inspections and controls.
- USA express service: deliveries within 10 days
- ALL OTHER STATES: deliveries vary from 7-10 working days
– You will be sent a tracking number directly by our shipping company shortly after your purchase. Check your inbox, the email will be from BENCIENNI SRL.
– Eventual duties and fees are not included in the shipping cost.
– Enoteca di Piazza is not responsible for delays in delivery caused by customs checks or stops.