The high quality of the wines produced in the area of Montalcino was already known at the time of the Etruscans, who, on these hills, had developed active settlements. The name “Tenuta Poggio Il Castellare” given to the company takes us back to the historical roots of the place: to the remains of an ancient residential area with the remains of houses and towers on top of the homonymous hill next to the vineyards. The vineyards of the company extend on sunny slopes overlooking the evocative landscapes of the Val d’Orcia one, of Mount Amiata the other, and finally the Pian Bossolino vineyard to the mystical vision of the centuries-old Abbey of Sant’Antimo. Poggio Castellare extends over its vineyard area of eight hectares. The path in the cellar allows you to discover the production processes. The itinerary is divided into spaces for the fermentation of the wine, then 30 HL barrels and barriques that cull the refinement to the bottled wine warehouse.
750 ml Standard
Poggio Il Castellare Brunello di Montalcino 2016
10 in stock
Aged cheese, red meats, roasts, braised meats, game.
Further refinement in bottle for 4 months before placing on the market.
Poggio Il Castellare
Ruby red tending to garnet
Bouquet very intense, persistent, with notes of red fruits and spices
Balanced taste, with velvety tannins and long aromatic persistence.
Land formed in several different geological eras that presents variety of minerals; there are areas with limestone rich soil mixed with skeletons consisting of shales of Galestro and Alberese, areas with a greater presence of clay and less presence of skeletons and areas consisting of land formed for transport of debris (alluvial).
Manual harvesting of perfectly ripened grapes.
Alcoholic fermentation at a controlled temperature of about 26 ° for 10-12 days on the skins. Malolactic fermentation in steel tanks. Aging in 25 Hl Slavonian oak barrels for 30 months and 225-liter French oak barrels for 20 months.
750 ml Standard
– La spedizione verrà consegnata al corriere entro due giorni lavorativi successivi al pagamento
– I tempi di consegna variano in base alla destinazione:
- Italia 24/48 ore
- Stati Uniti servizio standard 15 giorni lavorativi
- Stati Uniti servizio espresso 10 giorni
- Tutti gli altri Stati 7/10 giorni lavorativi
– Il tracking number vi verrà inviato direttamente dalla nostra compagnia di spedizione: controlla la tua casella email e ricerca la mail proveniente da BENCIENNI SRL
– Eventuali dazi doganali e qualunque tassa da pagare a destinazione non sono inclusi nei costi di spedizione.
– L’Enoteca di Piazza non è da considerarsi responsabile per eventuali ritardi sui tempi di consegna causati da controlli o fermi doganali.
– Products will be packed and delivered to the courier within two working days after the payment.
– Delivery times vary according to the Country of destination:
- ITALY: deliveries within 24-48 hours.
- USA/CANADA/AUSTRALIA standard service: deliveries are approximately within 2-3 weeks. We offer an air and non-naval service. Actual travel time is only 3 days however delivery times to final destinations are unavoidably delayed due to Customs inspections and controls.
- USA express service: deliveries within 10 days
- ALL OTHER STATES: deliveries vary from 7-10 working days
– You will be sent a tracking number directly by our shipping company shortly after your purchase. Check your inbox, the email will be from BENCIENNI SRL.
– Eventual duties and fees are not included in the shipping cost.
– Enoteca di Piazza is not responsible for delays in delivery caused by customs checks or stops.