The real wealth of Mastrojanni is the diversity of its soil. We like to say that every vineyard is potentially a cru, there are so many differences between them. After the historic Schiena d’Asino, we now bring you the Loreto. Why another Brunello Vigna? Because we believe in the Brunello and the sensitivity of Sangiovese, as they blend to form different combinations depending on the type of terrain. The Loreto Vineyard covers one and a half hectares of rugged tufa, dotted with stones left behind by the river Orcia as it drew back from the land now covered by 8,000 15-year old cordon-trained, spur-pruned vines. The yield is our own: 70-80 quintals of Sangiovese, yielding 9,000 bottles whose hallmark is what I would call a knowing elegance. The colour is a rich red, heralding a bouquet brimming with notes of rose, violet and iris on a base of raspberry, wild strawberry and plum. The aroma is rounded off by the fresh, smooth notes of Castelnuovo dell’Abate, present but less distinctive than usual in this varietal. On the palate, it is deep, hard, and complex: the tannins are clearly influenced by the tufa which is only softened by a vintage such as 2007. Once again the fresh taste of the Mediterranean scrubland returns, with a mineral note on the finish. We are proud of our choice: together with the characteristic strength and full body of our Brunello varietals, we now have tangible proof that Castelnuovo dell’Abate can produce a fine, sophisticated Sangiovese.
750 ml Standard
Mastrojanni Brunello di Montalcino Vigna Loreto 2016
Out of stock
Avvisami quando il prodotto torna disponibile
Can also be drunk without food, to appreciate the full flavour of the Sangiovese
Intense ruby red with subtle garnet reflections
Floral, fruity notes combined with piquant spices
Approachable on the palate with a full finish
The Loreto Vineyard covers one and a half hectares of rugged tufa, dotted with stones left behind by the river Orcia as it drew back from the land now covered by 8,000 15-year old cordon-trained, spur-pruned vines.
36 months in Allier oak barrels of 16-33-54 hl
750 ml Standard
|Enoteca di Piazza||97/100|
– La spedizione verrà consegnata al corriere entro due giorni lavorativi successivi al pagamento
– I tempi di consegna variano in base alla destinazione:
- Italia 24/48 ore
- Stati Uniti servizio standard 15 giorni lavorativi
- Stati Uniti servizio espresso 10 giorni
- Tutti gli altri Stati 7/10 giorni lavorativi
– Il tracking number vi verrà inviato direttamente dalla nostra compagnia di spedizione: controlla la tua casella email e ricerca la mail proveniente da BENCIENNI SRL
– Eventuali dazi doganali e qualunque tassa da pagare a destinazione non sono inclusi nei costi di spedizione.
– L’Enoteca di Piazza non è da considerarsi responsabile per eventuali ritardi sui tempi di consegna causati da controlli o fermi doganali.
– Products will be packed and delivered to the courier within two working days after the payment.
– Delivery times vary according to the Country of destination:
- ITALY: deliveries within 24-48 hours.
- USA/CANADA/AUSTRALIA standard service: deliveries are approximately within 2-3 weeks. We offer an air and non-naval service. Actual travel time is only 3 days however delivery times to final destinations are unavoidably delayed due to Customs inspections and controls.
- USA express service: deliveries within 10 days
- ALL OTHER STATES: deliveries vary from 7-10 working days
– You will be sent a tracking number directly by our shipping company shortly after your purchase. Check your inbox, the email will be from BENCIENNI SRL.
– Eventual duties and fees are not included in the shipping cost.
– Enoteca di Piazza is not responsible for delays in delivery caused by customs checks or stops.