Made from Zibibbo grapes, grown on vines trained using the traditional “alberello pantesco” bush-training system, awarded World Heritage status by UNESCO. Brilliant amber, Ben Ryé surprises with it freshness and complexity. Donnafugata has 3 historic production premises in Sicily. The ancient family cellars in Marsala, where the bottling and aging processes take place. The Contessa Entellina winery, in the heart of western Sicily, with vineyards (270 hectares) and olive groves (9 hectares). The Khamma winery on Pantelleria, volcanic island between Sicily and Africa, with vineyards planted to Zibibbo (68 hectares) cultivated alberello pantesco (UNESCO World Heritage).
It matches with caramelized duck, foie gras and blue cheeses. It goes well with pastries and gourmet chocolate like gianduja. Extraordinary alone, as a meditation wine.
7 months in vats 12 months in bottle
Passito di Pantelleria DOC
Fermentation is made in stainless steel at controlled temperatures; the dried grapes – added to the fresh must in several batches – are de-stemmed and selected by hand. During maceration, the dried grapes release their extraordinary legacy of sweetness, freshness, and a very personal aroma.
The bouquet is intense and fragrant: typical aromas of apricots and candied citrus zest combined with balsamic scents of Mediterranean scrub and sweet notes of honey and fresh figs.
The palate is well defined and intense, with pleasant sweetness well balanced by a fresh vein of acidity and lively sapidity. It finishes with a lingering persistence. A captivating Passito di Pantelleria, one of the most appreciated Italian sweet wines in the world.
Manual harvesting of grapes into crates with careful selection of the grapes in the vineyard. The harvest of the grapes for the production of Ben Ryé began on 17 August with the grapes destined for withering.
100% Zibibbo (Moscato di Alessandria)
750 ml Standard
– La spedizione verrà consegnata al corriere entro due giorni lavorativi successivi al pagamento
– I tempi di consegna variano in base alla destinazione:
- Italia 24/48 ore
- Stati Uniti servizio standard 15 giorni lavorativi
- Stati Uniti servizio espresso 10 giorni
- Tutti gli altri Stati 7/10 giorni lavorativi
– Il tracking number vi verrà inviato direttamente dalla nostra compagnia di spedizione: controlla la tua casella email e ricerca la mail proveniente da BENCIENNI SRL
– Eventuali dazi doganali e qualunque tassa da pagare a destinazione non sono inclusi nei costi di spedizione.
– L’Enoteca di Piazza non è da considerarsi responsabile per eventuali ritardi sui tempi di consegna causati da controlli o fermi doganali.
– Products will be packed and delivered to the courier within two working days after the payment.
– Delivery times vary according to the Country of destination:
- ITALY: deliveries within 24-48 hours.
- USA/CANADA/AUSTRALIA standard service: deliveries are approximately within 2-3 weeks. We offer an air and non-naval service. Actual travel time is only 3 days however delivery times to final destinations are unavoidably delayed due to Customs inspections and controls.
- USA express service: deliveries within 10 days
- ALL OTHER STATES: deliveries vary from 7-10 working days
– You will be sent a tracking number directly by our shipping company shortly after your purchase. Check your inbox, the email will be from BENCIENNI SRL.
– Eventual duties and fees are not included in the shipping cost.
– Enoteca di Piazza is not responsible for delays in delivery caused by customs checks or stops.