Since 1888, Montalcino’s finest Sangiovese grapes have been devoted to Brunello di Montalcino, one of the world’s most renowned red wines. For its “Brunello” Argiano selects grapes from its noblest vineyard plots, and ages their wine in two types of wood: for the first year in French barriques (225-litres) to reinforce the wine’s inherent structure, and then for at least another one and half year in larger Slovenian oak casks (botti) to ensure the wine’s concentrated fruit flavours are beginning to soften just as the wine is bottled. Argiano’s winemaker feels the combination of fermenting ripe, concentrated grapes at carefully controlled temperatures, coupled with careful ageing in a selection of different oaks, produces red wines that retain the incredible ageing potential for which Brunello di Montalcino is famed, while keeping the wine flavours as vivid, accessible and appetising as possible.
750 ml Standard
Argiano Brunello di Montalcino 2015
Out of stock
Avvisami quando il prodotto torna disponibile
Before release in January, the wine is aged further 6 months in bottle
Argiano’s Brunello di Montalcino has an intense ruby-red colou
The juice is fermented on the grape skins from two to three weeks in stainless steel tanks under controlled temperature. The fermentation time varies from one tank to the other, depending on the different vineyards where the grapes originate from. Once the alcoholic fermentation is finished, the acid-softening fermentation will start naturally, also called Malolactic, a natural process that converts Malic acid into Lactic acid. This second fermentation can last from a few weeks to a few months, depending on several factors such as the temperature of the cellar. This process softens and reduces the acidity and stabilizes the wine naturally, but moreover it gives the wine more depth, complexity and elegance
Together with the captivating perfumes of red fruits and the clean freshness, the complexity of the wine proves an optimal balance
A good concentration in the mid- palate and a persistent aftertaste, yet round and luscious in body, with silky and interesting tannins. It combines power and elegance and indicates a much promising future
The wine is aged on the whole for 4 years, of which 2 and half are in oak
750 ml Standard
|Enoteca di Piazza||97/100|
– La spedizione verrà consegnata al corriere entro due giorni lavorativi successivi al pagamento
– I tempi di consegna variano in base alla destinazione:
- Italia 24/48 ore
- Stati Uniti servizio standard 15 giorni lavorativi
- Stati Uniti servizio espresso 10 giorni
- Tutti gli altri Stati 7/10 giorni lavorativi
– Il tracking number vi verrà inviato direttamente dalla nostra compagnia di spedizione: controlla la tua casella email e ricerca la mail proveniente da BENCIENNI SRL
– Eventuali dazi doganali e qualunque tassa da pagare a destinazione non sono inclusi nei costi di spedizione.
– L’Enoteca di Piazza non è da considerarsi responsabile per eventuali ritardi sui tempi di consegna causati da controlli o fermi doganali.
– Products will be packed and delivered to the courier within two working days after the payment.
– Delivery times vary according to the Country of destination:
- ITALY: deliveries within 24-48 hours.
- USA/CANADA/AUSTRALIA standard service: deliveries are approximately within 2-3 weeks. We offer an air and non-naval service. Actual travel time is only 3 days however delivery times to final destinations are unavoidably delayed due to Customs inspections and controls.
- USA express service: deliveries within 10 days
- ALL OTHER STATES: deliveries vary from 7-10 working days
– You will be sent a tracking number directly by our shipping company shortly after your purchase. Check your inbox, the email will be from BENCIENNI SRL.
– Eventual duties and fees are not included in the shipping cost.
– Enoteca di Piazza is not responsible for delays in delivery caused by customs checks or stops.
750 ml Standard€127,50